Posted in Cloud Storage on Apr 28, 2020.
Scan to Cloud Storage takes your scans and sends them to the popular cloud storage like Google Drive, SharePoint Online, OneDrive and Dropbox etc. However, there is a lot of nuances to make the right choice. Here are some of them:
- Everyone has one or can get a Google Drive or OneDrive (personal) cloud storage for free. However SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business are NOT free. Most people do not have them. Most of the HP devices include Scan to SharePoint but it is worthless unless user has SharePoint account.
- Some apps like Kyocera Microsoft Connector can only scan to OneDrive for B...
PaperCut provides basic scan to Sharepoint Online (Office 365) without metatdata. In order to enter metadata, browse SharePoint sites and document libraries. Kyocera Microsoft connector is required.
Either PaperCut and Kyocera Microsoft Connector, your SharePoint credential can be linked to PaperCut login which allowed easy authentication using Card Swipe.
Other Kyocera Microsoft connector benefits include:
- Scan-to and print-from MS SharePoint (online or on premise) and OneDrive for Business
- Scan and send emails from MS Exchange – paper documents can be emailed as attachments, and sent to an...
Posted in OCR on Jan 31, 2020.
- Go to "PDF OCR"->"Image TO PDF"
- Select "Choose File"
- Select Camera
- Take a picture of the document. If orientation of the image is not correct, you will get gibberish
It might take a few minutes. Below example video is created using Andriod phone, Chrome browser
Posted in Awards on Jan 24, 2020.
HP has won BLI's coveted 2020 Printer/MFP Line of the Year award. Given once a year, this award recognizes the vendor whose product line is deemed best overall based on its rigorous lab evaluations. For the eighth time in the last decade, HP has claimed this award (the first seven were for Color Printer/MFP Line of the Year).
Posted in Awards on Jan 16, 2020.
Buyers Lab awarded Kyocera with three Winter 2020 Copier MFP Pick awards for the following products: the Kyocera TASKalfa 9003i, 8003i, and 7003i Black & White MFPs.
In 2019, BLI also awarded Kyocera with six Summer 2019 Copier MFP Pick awards for the Kyocera TASKalfa 6053ci, 4053ci, 3253ci Color MFPs, as well as the TASKalfa 6003i, 5003i, and 4003i Black & White MFPs. Being recognized for these awards by Keypoint Intelligence – Buyers Lab helps to solidify Kyocera as an industry leader in both the Color and Black & White Copier MFP segment.